Attendees of the event might be interested in how their donations will be used. Here’s a list of the current needs at the Daniel Webster Elementary School.
Next year we have the following programs requested for PTA funding:
- Playworks ($25,000)
- Reading Partners ($15,000)
- Mental Health/Social Services ($30,000)
- Literacy Specialist ($32,000)
- Computer Teacher ($35,000)
- Garden Coordinator ($12,500)
- Field Trips ($10,000)
- World Music/Drumming ($8,000)
- Yoga Enrichment Program ($25,0000)
- Supplies ($5,000)
Surprising, isn’t it? Even the most basic services are not available to public schools through the state. Our fundraising is just a band-aid to the problem. If you’re interested and concerned, please consider joining a greater cause for public education (post with links to come soon).